Tuesday, November 17

truth #21: The Ecuadorian Turkey says: Gordagordagorda

Thanksgiving is a week and a half away. I love this holiday, I think that it is my favorite of all the holidays. Mostly because it is hard to commercialize as Thanksgiving is made up of Family, Friends and Food. I am sad to miss my third Thanksgiving with my family. I think that is one of the hardest things about being a missionary. I really like my family: my Papa and Earlene, Uncle Eddie and Aunt Jeanette, Uncle Gerald and Aunt Polly, Uncle David and Aunt Cynthia, Aunt Lisa, Uncle Jerry and Aunt Etta, Erin and Jeremy, Ethan and Sarah, Bryan, Deborah, Delancy, Jessica, Brandy and of course my Dad, my Mom, my incredibly intelligent favorite older brother Jason and my incredible cute, favorite little brother James. I just wanted you guys to know that I am thinking of you during this time.

Well the three North Americans currently on the team, Seth (Georgia), Sharon (California) and me (TEXAS!), we decided that we would like to share a little of our culture with the OM team. So on Black Friday we are going to put together a little Thanksgiving dinner. We are trying to keep it small as none of us have ever cooked the whole Thanksgiving meal! So we think that there will be around 13-15 people. The current menu look like this:

Turkey - Seth (First time for all of us to try and cook one so if you have tips...)
Dressing - Me (family recipe)
Mashed potatoes - Sharon
Sweet Potatoes - all (recipe from Aunt Etta)
Rolls - me (just guess, yes that is right Tina's famous rolls aka Mom's rolls)
Green Beans - all (no recipe, we will just make something up)
Gravy. all (another experiment)
Macaroni and Cheese - Seth

Pumpkin Pie - Shura (My field leader's wife. She is an AMAZING cook!)
Apple Pie - Isabel (Good friend and I hope that she is an amazing cook :)

We will search high and low for the cranberry sauce but... no guarantees . I hope that all of you will enjoy your holidays. Oh and just for the record in Spanish Gordagordagorda means Fatfatfat.

3 comments:

Randy and Tina said...

Very nice.... Hope your meal is great....

Love,
MOM

cassielauren said...

OH BOY, I want those rolls so bad.. Remember how you've NEVER given me the recipe?!?!?!? I've been so deprived for the last four years.. Ecuador doesn't know how lucky it's about to be.

Unknown said...

All things made with love are delicious :-)