Saturday, May 5

Trust spoken - Do you dare to share?

Wednesday was an interesting day.  I was just finishing a 5 day sports and ministry conference and training.  It was the end of two weeks in a cold and rainy Quito.  Finally I was on my way to the airport to my beloved, warm, humid and sorely missed Guayaquil.  After being rather sick from a stomach bug the day before I was blessed to be traveling with a healthy and strong group from Guayaquil who helped with my suitcase.  In the hour and a half taxi ride from the campgrounds where we had been staying to the airport, I was seated next to a pastor.  We discussed the conference and some strategies that we would like to put into place in Guayaquil when he asked me how I got started in missions.  I shared my story with a lot of details as we had so much time.  When I got the current place of how I am trusting God to provide a full scholarship to study my masters that is more expensive than $40,000, the taxi driver could not hold back his disbelief.  I then realized that he had been listening to us share our testimonies the whole way.  So I asked him if he thought that these things were impossible.He seemed in awe of the things that have happened to both of us.  This opened the door for us to share the gospel to him and there driving to the airport he prayed to begin a life of trust and faith with Jesus Christ.  I was so excited.  How awesome it is that God can use a simple overheard conversation to change a life!  

We arrived to the airport and since I hadn’t eaten much in the last two days, Pastor Hector invited me to eat a sandwich with him.  He received a call while we were waiting.  After getting off the phone he said to me “Tabitha, I want to speak a word of prophecy over you.  You will receive this scholarship that you are waiting for. I know because I also applied for a scholarship to study my doctorate and I just got off the phone with the lady who informed me that I received this scholarship.” This made me think that I might have received word about it so I said “I would really like to check my email right now.” He took out his ipad and handed it to me.  So I got into my email and there was one message waiting for me sent earlier that day.  I RECEIVED THE SCHOLARSHIP!  There are a few more details to work out but there it is, ACU here I come.  How great is God!

Summary:  I see a masters program that is interesting and that I have peace about studying.  See the cost of studying at this university, momentarily freak out and start wondering why I had to choose one of the more expensive options to have peace about.  Find out that there is a full scholarship for those studying in my field.  Find out that being bilingual is a requisite.  Then that there is only one of these scholarships. Share with my friends and family and trust God.  Then have the opportunity to share the gospel because of sharing my testimony about trusting in this situation.  Someones life gets changed.  Then find out that I got the scholarship.  It blows my mind to realize how God is like this and always has been.  He just wants our trust.  Here is my story, share yours!  


More details to come soon on the plan!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh, wow! That is so beautiful! HE is so beautiful!!

Randy and Tina said...

God is so good! How wonderful of HIM to use an overheard conversation. We are praising GOD and thanking HIM for how HE is working in your life. Love you lots.
See you in Peru.