Sunday, August 19

Here, there and everywhere.

The last 3 months have passed by in a blinding blur.  The 24th of May I traveled to Iquitos, Peru to help with a medical and sports clinic and a pastors conference. Upon arriving back to Ecuador I had three short weeks to pack up my life and head back to the USA on the 24th of June.  I was in Georgia for a few days then on to Texas and my family.  Since then I have been all over not seeming to stay in one place for more than a week, until today.  Today I have arrived to my little house in Abilene to prepare for my graduate work to begin.  It starts with orientation this coming friday, the 24th of August.  Anyone else noticing the repetive 24?  Also on the 24th of July I purchased (part of it at least) a car.

As you might imagine, the change from almost four years in Ecuador to being back in the states has been an interesting transition.  I still fight the urge to say "Hola" when I answer the phone.  And though that is a funny example it has not always been so entertaining.  I find myself constantly overwhelmed by the endless options presented to me at every turn. It took 4 weeks before it sunk in that I was not getting on a plane in a week or so to head back to Guayaquil.  Because of my constant travel I have had a hard time finding my footing.  But bit by bit, each day brings me to the end of this reentry time. I have not forgotten Ecuador or the things I have learned but I am slowing learning once again how to live in the USA.  Though going into Wal-Mart still gives me a headache. 

It has been wonderful to see my family and friends in this time.  I am also excited about my up coming studies and am trying not to be anxious.  The program is two full days of class from 9 - 4pm then 16 hours or more weekly of practicum work.  I am not completely sure what to expect.  I am also learning what it means to live out Hebrews 11:1.  There are a lot of things that I am hoping for and a whole lot of solutions that I do not yet see. The amazing thing is that time after time God keeps reminding me that He is faithful, always faithful.  He has brought me thus far and I know that He will not abandon me.  Lets keep walking by faith.

If you want to catch up and will be in the area or Dallas area, let me know!


3 comments:

Megan P. said...

Going to Wal-Mart gives me a headache, too, so don't chalk everything up to culture shock.

So glad you're back in A-town! I would love to catch up soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Tabitha ya falta poco para que empieces clases!!!!
Disfruta tu tiempo, poco a poco estarás llevando el ritmo de vida al estilo norteamericano. solo disfruta.

Te extraño amiga!

Un abrazo a la distancia.
Cirinha

Riana said...

Hey Tab,

Im Glad you could enjoy the time with your family, and will be praying for this time that lays ahead. We all miss you here and we are thinking of you.

Big hug from me too!!!
Riana